How much is the Roaming Fee, Text only, when travelling to Cuba? And how do I add it on the phone??
Whizz Posts: 16,617
If you go to My plans->Manage plan->Travel and type in Cuba, you will see that under the Pay As You Go section for Latin America Zone the fee for text messages is 0.10$/ text.
You can find more details here:
Thank you for your consideration and have a good one.
to use your cellphone during your trip abroad, you need to buy a Travel Add-On or add funds to your wallet to pay as you go.
Can’t decide if you need a Travel Add-On or should pay as you go? It depends on how long you will be away and how much you will be using your phone while roaming. If you will be travelling for a long time, choose a Travel Add-On (it’s more affordable, and will be valid until the end of your next payment cycle). If you’re going on a short trip, paying as you go will be more practical.
*Make sure to activate the roaming option of your phone, or else it'll block your usage.
Important : You will not be able to make calls while roaming outside your Canada or the United States.
Roaming calls (incoming or outgoing) will be available at a later time. We will update this FAQ when we have a firm date.
*In the meantime, you will be able to use data, and send/receive texts when you travel outside your coverage zone. To make and receive calls, you can use messaging apps such as Text-Now, WhatsApp or Messenger to stay in touch on the road instead of calling and texting.
Incoming texts are always free, whether you’re within your coverage area or not, and whether you opted for unlimited texts or not.
Premium text messages are not supported by Fizz. As such, it’ll be impossible for you to send any (even if you have funds in your Fizz wallet) or subscribe to such a service. Some premium messages are free. Those will therefore be considered as regular texts, and as such, billed at the applicable rate if your plan does not include unlimited text messaging.
When you are outside your coverage area, you’ll have to pay per use:
- The price will vary based on the travel zone where you are.
- You’ll be able to send a text from any country included in your travel zone, to any of those same countries (and to your coverage area).
- Click here to see the steps for pay per use.
And finally, here's are the "Pay As You Go" fees for Cuba and Latin America coverage area specificaly:0
To pay as you go when travelling outside Canada:
- Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
- Scroll to the plan you wish to change.
- Click on Manage and choose Travel.
- Enter the name of the main country you will be visiting. (If you’re going to more than one country, tell us where you will be spending the most time).
- On the next screen, select Pay As You Go.
- You will see different options for your travel zone. Choose the option that suits you, based on the amount of data, minutes and texts you will need.
- Click Add Money to My Wallet. This will take you to the Pay As You Go section, where you can add money to your wallet to cover travel usage. How to add funds to your wallet
With Fizz, incoming SMS texts are always free with any Fizz mobile plan.
To be able to send SM texts while you are abroad in Cuba, you will need to add funds to your Fizz wallet.
As mention, each text you send will cost 0.10 cents. More info is available on these FAQ pages
I also suggest you buy a travel add-on with some data. Mobile data will come in handy if WiFi is not available and you want to check things like email, your Fizz account, etc.
To use your phone in Cuba, make sure to enable the roaming option on your phone.