10 days without Internet, and counting after address change

Options
j_k2022
j_k2022 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Internet

Is anybody else still having issues with Internet activation after moving to a new place?

I moved almost two weeks ago and I still don't have internet - the upload/download lights are blinking at the same time. Support tells me it's a provisioning issue but won't give me an expected date on when it'll get fixed. I work from home so this is a major issue that is costing me money.

Is there anything I can do to improve the situation other than switching to Bell? It's absolutely unacceptable that a simple task such as moving internet service can be so complicated. Any suggestions on how to speed up a solution are highly appreciated

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 20,142 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello j_k2022,
    I am really sorry that you have encountered this situation with your internet services,
    As the modem was not provisioned at the correct address after you moved your service, we have escalated a ticket to the technical team to fix the issue.
    Sadly, they could not provide you with a solution as soon as possible as the issue was more complicated than expected.
    As soon as they fixed it, your services were restored. 
    You also received a refund for the days you did not have services.
    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Also, thank you for providing your feedback after the issue was solved. 

I thank you for your kind understanding and patience! 
    Stay safe and have a great day!
    -Eugen

Answers

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 3,805 ✭✭
    Options

Unplug the modem 30 seconds and restart it. How to guide : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it#2

If it do not work, it is time to contact them for assistance available 24/7 via this page : https://fizz.ca/en/support#gsc.tab=0

• j_k2022
    Options

Thanks ! I'll try that out again.. I've been in contact with customer service every day and they're not able to tell me when the issue will be resolved :/, it's day 11 without internet

• doesthisevenwork
    doesthisevenwork Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Hi! Did you resolve this issue? If so, how? I am having this EXACT same problem, and am starting to get reallllly annoyed...

• j_k2022
    Options

Hey! It did get resolved in the end - issue lasted 12 days in total from the initial unsuccessful technician visit right after the move to the fix coming in - the modem just starting blinking the 'right' way one morning + got the email from tech support almost at the same time. I unplugged/plugged in the modem again just in case and it's been working well so far.

It took contacting Fizz support every single day and lodging a formal complaint (you can do that through a web form) to get this fixed. Hope your fix doesn't take as long!

This discussion has been closed.