How do I disable VoiceMail SMS alerts from Fizz

Options
Rebelmeat
Rebelmeat Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2022 in My Mobile

I already have visual voicemail so I get alerts on my iphone, but I still get annoying sms message saying "Someone at xxxxxxxx tried to reach you and left a message on xxxx/xx/xx at xx:xx pm" I want to disable these messages

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @Rebelmeat

You cannot do :(

The only configuration that you can do are illustrated here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-set-up-my-voicemail and here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-I-access-and-use-my-voicemail

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Options

Hi Rebelmeat,
    Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can check on your phone, depending on its model, and look for a setting to turn off the voicemail notifications as one isn't provided directly from us as a carrier.

Thank you for your consideration and have a good one.
    Andrei

• Rebelmeat
    Rebelmeat Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I already stated I have an iPhone, and have visual voicemail which works and is fine. I get SMS messages from Fizz every time someone leaves me a voice mail, Fizz should disable SMS messages to users who have Visual Voicemail enabled as other carriers do or have an option to disable it in the Fizz settings on their website.

• Sigor
    Sigor Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Hello,

I was searching for a way to do this as well. I eventually decided to explore the voicemail menu options and found a way to do it. Possibly this is a new option ?

From the Main menu (Menu principale) select 4 - Personal options (Options personnelles).

Then select 4 again - Manage text notifications (Gérer les notifications par texto).

Then select 1 - disable or enable (désactiver ou activer).

With the Fizz Visual voicemail app , I was getting too many notification for a voicemail. One form the Call app that I am unable to disable (Samsung A54), one form the Fizz Visual voicemail that thankfully can be disabled and luckly there is a way to do it from the voicemail TUI (telephony user interface).

Hopefully this will help someone, I could not find the answer on the forum or in the FAQ.