Perks not wroking without a data plan

Options
han77
han77 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited May 2022 in My Mobile

I have an active phone plan with no data. I have activated the perk and it says I have 750mb remaining on my account. However, I am not able to connect to the Internet. I have done everything the customer rep suggested, and none of them worked. Last time, I just had to pay for a data add-on, and the internet worked immediately. So I am pretty sure it's nothing about configuration. I wonder if anyone has the similar issue. Does the perk need to be associated with an active data plan? Thanks.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,193 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello han77,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and I can see that you managed to contact our customer support team.
    I can see that they have created a ticket in order to fix the issue. As soon as we have news for you, you will be informed via email with all the details.
    They are making progress towards fixing it and it will not take long to fix it. 
    We apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you!
    Thank you for your understanding and patience!
    Have a good one!
    -Eugen 

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,065 ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @han77

The data perks and data bonus can be used without a data plan, double check the APN configuration, and be sure to activate it

Do you have configured some kind of limit protection in your phone, for the data usage?

If you receive mobile data as a perk, you can enjoy that perk even if your plan does not include data. You may have to configure your APN settings to do so.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-do-i-receive-my-rewards-program#2

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @han77, it may be the settings on your device. I have some suggestions below which may help get you connected.

• check to see if your device has the Fizz APN settings
    • check to see if your device has mobile data 'on' and enable data roamoing
    • check to see if your device has any mobile data amount limits
    • check to see if your device's WIFI is on/off and if your device is set to disable mobile data when WIFI is on

After checking the above, reboot your device. Perhaps others have other suggestions if the above don't work for you.

This discussion has been closed.