Follow Up For: Data Plan Sharing In Between Two Users.

Options
gsoucy
gsoucy Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited April 2022 in My Mobile

Good day,

I wasn’t done with that thread:

https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2631872/data-plan-sharing-in-between-two-users#latest

May I please have an answer instead having the discussion closed? I will appreciate it as, I’ve still have a concern.

With regards,

Guillaume

Best Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,753 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

It is possible to share the data of one mobile plan on 2 phones only through hot spotting. However this requires both phones to be in the same vicinity or bubble.

Otherwise if you want to use mobile data on 2 phones, then each phone needs to have it's own SIM card. And each SIM card needs to be activated with a mobile plan. So you will need to subscribe to 2 mobile plans to be able to use 2 phones.

What you tried to do in your previous discussion is to order a phone from Fizz and state that you already have a Fizz mobile plan. When you order a discounted phone, Fizz requires that you maintain a mobile plan with them for 24 months. Since you have not already bought a Fizz phone (with your current plan), you're in essence allowed to associate the phone purchase with your current plan. If you want this 2nd SIM card to work, you will still need to activate a mobile plan with it.

Hopefully this clarifies your questions.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,753 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Fizz offers gifting between members or plans, but there is no Data Plan Sharing between 2 users.

You can read more about gifting here - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work

You can send a data gift to:

• Any Fizz customer who is findable in Contacts and has a data plan
    • A complete stranger, as long as they are findable and have a Fizz data plan

You cannot send a data gift to:

• People who are not Fizz members
    • Fizz members with no data plan
    • Fizz members who have designated themselves incognito

Answers

This discussion has been closed.