Data Plan Sharing In Between Two Users.

gsoucy
gsoucy Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited April 2022 in My Mobile

Hello,

If I’d create another user on my Fizz account, is that user will be able to use the same data bucket than my main user just by linking the new SIM card to it? So, that way I can share 20GB within devices?

With regards,

Guillaume

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Hi Guillaume

Not for 2 phones, you need to have 2 different plans, the plans can be in the same account on in a different one. (if you are using a different account, you can use the referral code of the first one to open the first plan on the second account, this will give you 25$ at the second payment of the second plan, the referee and the referred will received 25$)

In order to receive a gift data your plan must have a data plan.

for example

Plan A

Quebec Coverage, with 20Gb, unlimited calls

Plan B

Canada-USA, with 1 Gb, unlimited calls

For example, you can send 10Gb from Plan A to B

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited April 2022

Hi @gsoucy

Yes there is a way to do it, however, but plan must have some data, for example one 20Gb and the other 1Gb and you can gift the data, by step of 500Mb https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work

Therefore, you can share it, but transferring them, therefore, you don't have a basket for both accounts.

It is like to a bank account, you can transfer money from one to another but they still 2 different account and you need to take an action to share it.

BTW, this can be done with 2 different Fizz's account, and you can reference the second one, in this way you will have 25$ each at your 2nd payment. And also when you receive a perks, this will be one for each account

• gsoucy
    edited April 2022

Hi Jessy,

I attempted an order and I’ve got this:

So, the iPhone 7 will share the same plan than my iPhone Xr? Right?

With regards,

Guillaume

• gsoucy

Hello

I have another question, if I’d select the “Add it to existing plan” option, what will happen? In my screenshot it shown that I have the option.

Regards,

Guillaume

• gsoucy

Good morning,

If I’d select my existing 20GB plan I can theoretically proceed with the order:

I’m confused. When doing an new order, two phones can be on the 20GB plan. Is that right or there something that I missed somewhere?

With regards,

Guillaume

• gsoucy

Someone? Please?

This discussion has been closed.