How to unsuspend my account

Options
amrellaithy
amrellaithy Posts: 2 ✭✭

My credit card expired, so the payment for my account did not go through. As a result the account got suspended.

I entered a new credit card and associated it with the plan and pressed on the "Proceed to payment" button. It showed me the new card, I clicked next and then I was automatically returned to the overview page:

* No confirmation that the payment was successful/unsuccessful

* The account is still suspended???!!!

Not sure what to do now

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,932 ✭✭
    Options

Hi amrellaithy

You are able to check that the payment was successful by going to My Plans >> Transaction History.

For more information on how to check your transactions, you can take a look at Fizz help page: https://fizz.ca/en/transaction-history

If you need to make a manual payment, first try clearing your browser cache and opening a new incognito/private tab.

Go to: My Plans >> Manage plan >> Payment method.

Click on the "Make payment now" button.

Once payment has been made, your service will be restored within 3 hours.

Meanwhile, please try restarting your device (phone or modem).

In case of a problem, you can contact customer support by chat:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca

2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.

3- Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue

4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,216 admin
    Options

Hi amrellaithy,
    Thank you for reaching out to us with this case.

I can see that your mobile plan is still suspended.
    Having read your description of the case,  I kindly invite you to delete your browser history together with the cache memory and cookies before you try again to log into your Fizz account and go to My plans->Proceed to payment.
    Once there, please continue the manual payment process as also indicated here in our link:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue

Also, you can try to do so from Incognito mode or a different browser or device.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Have a good one!
    Andrei

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @amrellaithy, try again after clearing the history/cache of your browser, exist the browser (different from clicking the X to close it) and re-open in private/incognito mode/window. This generally resolves these kind of issues. Post here to let us know if these and/or the above suggestions were helpful.

• amrellaithy
    amrellaithy Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to all responses. I communicated with the agents using Chat and they indicated that the bank declined the transaction (note: The website did not show me a message indicating a declined transaction). Further investigation with the bank, it seems that Fizz sent the bank a transaction for zero dollars. What's interesting is that the bank confirmed they approved it (not declined as Fizz systems indicate). Now I am waiting for a technical team to figure what is going on.