My internet connection has stopped

Meagandnd
Meagandnd Posts: 3 ✭✭

My internet connection has been offline for about an hour now. I unplugged, let it be for a while, plugged it back in and nothing is working. Anything else I can try?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,078 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Meagandnd,
    Thank you for letting us know.

I checked on your account and on your connection signals from the network to the modem where I can see that they are off from the optimal parameters, with some package loss and broadcast congestion.
    However, there is no incident or maintenance work being performed in the area that could've caused the disruption.

Would you kindly please unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it?

Also, please perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 10 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.

More details on how to remedy this can be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

Have a good one!
    Andrei

Answers