Devices connected to WIFI loosing connection intermittently

Options
Ehsan260
Ehsan260 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Internet

Hi There,

This morning between 9 - 10 there my internet service was off for several minutes. Since it is back all my Devices connected to WIFI are loosing connection intermittently. I've restarted everything since then and nothing is fixed.

Is this related to the service provider or I need to do something?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,101 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Ehsan260, 

After verifying, I see the plan is active and in good standing, there are no maintenance works being carried out in your area. The modem is online and provides proper speeds and signals.
    I kindly invite you to unplug the modem for 20 seconds, check the cables ( both coaxial and power cable ), to see if they are damaged, and plug them back in ( test the modem in another power outlet also). 
     I also suggest you to contact us on live chat, so we can be able to help you further. 
    You can chat with an agent directly 24/7 using our live chat function. To contact us on the live chat you have to go to any of our FAQs and click the (?) in the lower right corner of the screen. Once you do that you will have to click on the (...) three dots which represent our live chat function.
    You can use this FAQ to find the chat bubble, https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do
    Thank you for your kind understanding. 
    I wish you a great day.
    Ramona 

Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,753 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

Can you try performing a speed test by connecting a computer directly to the modem via ethernet cable?

This will help determine whether the problem is with the internet in general or it's a wifi only issue.

If the speed isn't right, you can try a factory reset of the Fizz modem. Using a small, sharp object, press and hold the modem’s reset button for at least 10 seconds.

If the problem continues, you can contact Fizz customer service by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, then click on it to start your chat session with Fizz customer service.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

You say your device on WiFi. Do you have any connected by Cable ? Are they affected ? If it is just WiFi, it could also be some signal interference due to some device that runs regularly at that time (either in your home or even in a neighbor's)

When the service is "down", are the 2nd and 3rd lights (from the top) on the modem, Solid Blue, or blinking Green ? If they are Blinking Green, that means that the modem is losing sync. This can sometimes be due to a large electrical load that starts and power dips on the same power circuit. Can you trying plugging the power into a plug that is on another circuit breaker ? If you have a UPS in your home, maybe try plugging the modem into it for a while to see if the problem persists. This could also be a problem on the outside, which only Fizz/Videotron could fix if that is the case.

Fizz Customer service agents are only available online. Here we are all end users like you.

PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.

This discussion has been closed.