i have canada coverage but when i call saguenay lac st-jean, it says "long distance call"

Options
hellomiche
hellomiche Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited April 2022 in My Mobile

hi!

i live in montreal and i chose the canada coverage plan, and i have unlimited minutes. when i call to saguenay lac st-jean (which is in quebec, i also checked on fizz and the coverage covers that area), it tells me "you've dialed a long distance number"

does it mean that I'll need to pay for that call even if it's under the plan? or it's just informing me that i'm calling outside of where i reside?

Best Answers

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @hellomiche, I hear the same message often, I suspect it is because the 'system' is expecting a '1' in front of the other numbers. It is annoying but the call still goes through and there will not be any additional charges.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello, hellomiche,
    I hope you are doing well.

I hope that the situation was resolved and you can now freely call inside your coverage zone, however, if you are still encountering this situation again, please feel free to contact us, so we can further verify and assist you through it. You can verify this page on our website, to find out more about how to contact us https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us.

Cheers!
    -Sergiu

Answers

This discussion has been closed.