How do I get data if I live in

Options
Mr_Pamplemousse
Mr_Pamplemousse Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in My Mobile

So a couple months ago I've moved to a small town to study. I've noticed the Fizz EXT thing and it didin't took too long to receive a warning that ask me to modify my plan. First thing I did was to check the coverage map as suggested and it seamed that I was no longer in the ''quebec'' area but I was in the ''full canada''. I changed my plan to get the Canada coverage for about 2$ more idk and taught I'd be done with this story. So well move on to today about 30 minutes ago I've received an email warning me that my acces to data was now blocked.

I guess what I'm asking is : is there any way to get data since paying more money don't seems to be enough. I mean it said that my area was covered by the Canada plan, I don't really see what more I can do.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Mr_Pamplemousse,

I am sorry to hear about this notification.  
    I can see that you were informed about the usage on our partner's network Fizz.Ext 2 months.
    You can only use Fizz.Ext for a maximum of 3 consecutive cycles: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks
    I would recommend contacting our support team if you need more information about this.

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Mr_Pamplemousse

What is the difference between my coverage area and subscription area?

Your coverage area is where you can use your Fizz plan without paying roaming fees. When you subscribed and created your plan, you chose your coverage area: Quebec, Canada or USA + Canada. If you roam outside your coverage area, you can use your Fizz plan on our partner networks. Log into your account any time to change your coverage area: How to change your plan.

If you selected the Quebec coverage in your plan, consider buying a Travel Add-on or an International call Add-on to make your calls to Canada or the United States.

The subscription area is the area where you must live to be a Fizz subscriber.

If you live in the subscription area and your address is not recognized, do not hesitate to contact us so that we check with you.

Good to know:

• The Quebec coverage area also includes the Ottawa region.
    • Hawaii and Alaska are included in the Canada + U.S. coverage area, but not Puerto Rico (that destination is included in the Latin America zone in the Add-ons)

Use your Fizz account to check whether a destination is included or not in your coverage area. Once logged in, under your mobile plan, click on Manage / Add-ons. Enter the destination.

• If the search gives no result, it means that the destination is included in the coverage area you chose for your plan.
    • If to the contrary you see various price options to make or receive calls for this country, this means that this destination is not included in your coverage area.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/subscription-area-and-coverage-area

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Mr_Pamplemousse

If you see FIZZ EXT as the network name on your phone, this means you are no longer on the Fizz network. You can use your Fizz mobile services thanks to our agreements with partner networks, but the majority of your usage, however, must be done within your subscription area (whatever your coverage area is). Learn more about the usage limits while on partner networks. 

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services#1

The expanded coverage zone is for our mobile members who travel in specific regions not covered by the Fizz network (Subscription area). It is intended for occasional coverage, and applies to Quebec, Canada and USA.

The majority of your usage (calls, texts and data) must be done on the Fizz network (Subscription area).

We reserve the right to interrupt or block access to our network of partner providers Fizz EXT if you use your mobile service primarily on their networks for 3 consecutive payment cycles.

Use our coverage map to check that you are using your phone in a zone covered by the Fizz network:

Visit our network coverage map to check the subscription area.

(On the coverage map the subscription area is Fizz network, the coverage area is patner networks)

Check the name of the network indicated on your phone. If 'Fizz EXT' or if it does not say Fizz, you are on one of our partner networks and your usage will be considered extended coverage. You can adjust your phone’s settings to limit this usage by deactivating roaming on our partner networks.

*If you do not have the choice and you are geographically obliged to use the majority of your usage on our partner networks beyond the tolerated limits, we advise you to subscribe with the service provider who offers coverage in this area.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @Mr_Pamplemousse, plan changes, like switching to Canada-wide ocverage comes in to effect the next billing cycle. I suggest you contact Fizz directly or purchase an add-on to get the coverage you need until the next billing period.

This discussion has been closed.