Internet connection lost

Options
Gabriel L. 89931
Gabriel L. 89931 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Internet

My internet is currently down. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? I live in Hochelaga Montreal.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,300 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Gabriel L.,
    Thank you for reaching out to us.

I understand and I'm sorry to learn about the inconvenience.
    I checked on your account and on your connection signals from the network to the modem where I can see that they are within the optimal parameters, with no package loss or broadcast congestion.
    There is also no incident or maintenance work being performed in the area that could've caused the disruption.

Would you kindly please unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it?

Also, please perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 10 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.
    After this is done, kindly send us a photo of the front of the modem so we could see which lights are ON and which are OFF, with your specification of which ones are blinking.

More details on how to remedy this can be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

Have a fine day,
    Andrei

Answers

This discussion has been closed.