Are you suppose to notify previous cell provide that it's been cancelled?

tsdanai
tsdanai Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in My Mobile

I've changed provide to with you. In the instruction it says that you will speak with the previous provider to let them know that I've changed. I've been receiving a bill from them and I called the previous provider about the payment and they said that they did not received any information from Fizz that it's been cancel. I want to know if youre going to send them a notify that it's been cancel

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,817 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello tsdanai,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    Indeed, when you transfer the number we send a notification to your previous provider that your line is now with us and that they need to cancel your plan to avoid being charged further. 
    I recommend contacting them directly to verify what happened and inform them that your line is now with Fizz. 
    If you were charged for a new month after the transfer request was made they should offer a refund. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    edited March 2022

@tsdanai

Hi,

if there is a transfer of a phone number in the case of a Mobility plan, Fizz will notify the previous provider, as well as close your account with the same Mobility provider. However, in the case of a Residential Internet plan, this action is your responsibility.

• SkyHigh88
    SkyHigh88 Posts: 138 ✭✭

You don't need to notify your old provider. Once they received the request to teanfer to fizz the account with the old provider will be automatically close unless you owe them money

Hope this helps.

To be safe, you can always contact your old provider and confirm that they closed your account

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭

Hello @tsdanai, to the best of my knowledge, in the case where you port/transfer your phone number to another provider, the old provider views this as an automatic cancellation of service. If you switched providers without porting/moving your phone number, the obligation is on you to notify them you are cancelling the service. The porting of a phone number is key.

This discussion has been closed.