How do I update my payment method?

Options
2manyKooks
2manyKooks Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in My Mobile

Nothing works on your site. I cannot log onto my account because it says the page is unavailable

Best Answer

Answers

• 2manyKooks
    2manyKooks Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

How do I change my payment method?

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@2manyKooks

Hi,

adding a credit card or updating your payment method is easily done via your account. If your credit card is about to expire, you’ll receive a notification from us in your account, as well as a text or email based on your communication preferences.

The update must take place 72 hours before the end of your payment cycle to make sure your account is updated in time for your next payment. You must add a new credit card before removing the one currently associated to your account.

Any change to your payment methods must be made in accordance with the plan change policy detailed on https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy to be considered in time for the next payment.  

Once a payment method has been added or modified in your account, don’t forget to associate it with each plan you wish to pay with this card. The association is not done automatically.  

To add a payment method.

To remove the credit card currently associated with your account, you must first add a new credit card.

• Under My settings > Payment methods, click on Add a new payment method.

IMPORTANT

When you enter the information for your payment method, the billing address associated with your card must be 100% identical and correspond to the address you declared to your bank for that card. Pay attention to the following items:

• The name of the street (Ave, avenue)
    • Special works (Saint, St, Ste)
    • Hyphens
    • Spaces
    • Spelling

Once a payment method has been added or modified in your account, don’t forget to associate it with each plan you wish to pay with this card. The association is not done automatically.

To associate a card with a plan.
    • Select the plan you wish to associate with a new card.
    • Click on Manage plan > Payment method
    • Select the payment method with which you’d like this plan to be associated with.

If you have more than one Fizz plan, you must repeat these steps and associate the desired payment method with each of your plans. 

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-update-my-payment-method-or-credit-card-information

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @2manyKooks

I can currently access the site (account side). You probably experience a navigation session.

Make sure you are really logged in with your account:

1. Disconnect explicitly using "►Log out" in the left menu
    2. close any Fizz tab
    3. clear your cookies
    4. reconnect.

Some navigation tips…

• try in incognito/private mode
    • try with a different browser, Chrome and Edge are known to work relatively well with Fizz
    • try on another device (mobile, laptop, tablet)
    • no browser extension blocks rendering (ad blocker or plugins like "NoScript").
    • enable JavaScript
    • Make sure no VPN disables the rendering, some have ad blockers
    • Make sure no DNS profile blocks essential pieces
    • Make sure to empty your cache
  • Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,726 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

When you cannot log into you're account try this

Might help clearing cache, deleting cookies or for Apple user go to safari and clear history and website data.

You can try using another browser such as Chrome, Opéra, Edge or Fire.You can also try a private browser.

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

Hello @2manyKooks, others have answered about adding a payment method. When accessing your account, it is always best to use the private/incognito mode/window of your browser. The Fizz website is compatible with all the common browsers for Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, ios and with many less common browsers as well.

This discussion has been closed.