Your internet dropped several times today

Options
David S. 8156
David S. 8156 Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Internet

I have tried to reach out to your customer service over whatsapp, No answer. Since I have obtained this services I have spent countless hours troubleshooting your steps. I am having issues with your modem which is constantly desyncronizing from your network. Due to pressure sales tactics employed by your customer service I have been advised to upgrade my speed which I have done, I have power cycled, connected and reconnected the coax and ethernet many times, I have bridged, hard reset, looked at IP tables to no avail to be disconnected and have horrible internet speeds. For 25+ days I have been having problems. After much begging a technician visited and discovered problems with the line, after countless days and troubleshooting he still did not replace the modem and instead he replaced a filter which he said was the culprit, guess what I am still having connectivity issues. Today I have lost the  internet connection 4 times, I have had to hard reset and powercycle countless times. My wife and I use the internet for work and your company is jeopardizing our employment. Please replace your modem with another modem device and please stop with the false politeness, because what you are doing is anything but. Just deliver the internet, that is what I am paying you for.

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. I am sure it is frustrating (to say the least). However here in these forums we are all just end users like yourself and not much we can do.

You will unfortunately have to contact customer service again and have the schedule another visit for a technician. Be a little more insistent on a modem replacement, since they have tried already a bunch of other stuff.

The ONLY live service is the CHAT option. All the rest are non-interactive. You leave a message and they get back to you.

Fizz Customer service agents are only available online.

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services or https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/etat-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.

You could also write a complaint here:

https://zone.fizz.ca/dce/customer-ui-prod/#/account/contact-us

And they reply via email.

Good luck, and hope they fix it quickly. Unfortunately the technicians that are dispatched do not belong to Fizz. They are all Videotron subcontractors, and Fizz does not have much control over how they troubleshoot the issues. Not trying to make excuses, just clarifying things. Bottom line is, that Fizz is responsible to get you a decent connection.

Answers

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

Hello @David S. 8156, as @Dapfizzer pointed out, this forum is other users, though I know at least one Fizz team member, @Whizz, does visit the forum. I suggest you use the Contact Form in My Settings after logging in to your account. This opens a Support Ticket and an exchange by email. I also suggest you ask if Fizz has a Customer Ombudsman to resolve customer complaints that have gone unresolved for a period of time. I don't know about QC, but the Canadian government organization to handle consumer complaints against phone and Internet providers is the CCTS and suggest you look at their website for dispute resolution.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,156 admin
    Options

Hello David S. 8156,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. 
    here you can find some troubleshooting you can try: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it
    If the issue still persists please follow the instructions our member provided and contact our support team to investigate this further. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

This discussion has been closed.