activation code is associated with another account

Options
Gourav B. #21218
Gourav B. #21218 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in My Mobile

I have an old fizz sim which i want to reuse with new account, getting an error that it is associated with another account? how can i fix that?

Best Answer

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Gourav B. #21218

I'm afraid you can only fix this by chatting with Fizz so they reassign the SIM card to you.

To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "💬 Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

The advantages of Fizz bubble tool are that it is 24/7 real-time with waiting time management and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

ALTERNATIVES

Answers

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Options

My understanding, if the activation of your (old) SIM was incomplete it somehow stays in limbo. So you need Fizz to reset that process so you can restart it yourself (or have them complete it for you).

Having a look into your account, I could see that your transfer was not completed from our end. Therefore, the activation message that your SIM card was already associated with another member, you being that one. We have checked with our dedicated department and retried the transfer from our end. You will receive the confirmation SMS shortly, if you haven't please contact us following Mike's steps to assist you privately.

Source: Whizz in page https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2603030/cannot-activate-sim-card

This discussion has been closed.