I have no internet connection

Options
Marroqueen
Marroqueen Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Internet

Hello! I have no internet connection since this morning, the devices are connected but the wifi is not connecting to the internet. I already troubleshooted the modem multiple times and the problem is still going

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,102 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Marroqueen,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    I have verified the account you contacted us from but there is no active plan there. 
    Please follow the instructions Philemon24 provided and reach our support to investigate this further.

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

Answers

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @Marroqueen

Does the problem only occur with WIFI or even when you connect directly to modem via Ethernet cable?

Have you checked the indicator lights on your modem? This would give us information about the problem.

At the same time, check the connection of the coaxial cable. If you have another coaxial cable than the one that you already use, it would be very useful to test with it.

Please check the steps from the FAQ as well: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

Ultimately, a full factory reset is a not so quick solution, but faster than waiting for an answer here.

In the end, you can contact Fizz since they can

• verify if there is an incident or maintenance work carried out in your area affecting services.
    • check your account status, maybe the problems is there.
    • diagnose your modem status if it works within optimal parameters, if its signals are within functioning ranges and also its history (like recent signal fluctuations for the past few days). They can check for package loss or broadcast congestion.

To chat with Fizz,

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "💬 Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

The advantages of Fizz bubble tool are that it is 24/7 real-time with waiting time management and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

ALTERNATIVES

This discussion has been closed.