Can only make and receive calls if i switch to Fizz EXT

Options
snow
snow Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hello,

I live in Laval, so in other words , island of Montreal, on my iphone i can only make and receive calls if i switch to Fizz EXT manually.

If i switch back to "Automatic" it connects to Fizz regular network ( not EXT ) and phone wont receive or make calls.

Am i getting an extra charges if i only use Fizz EXT network? because thats the only workaround on Xmas day!

Let me know Fizz

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options

There is no extra charges, but you can't use FIZZ EXT for more than 50% of the time overall (for more that 3 consecutive months) from what I know. Since that is a partner network.

The majority of your usage (calls, texts and data) must be done on the Fizz network (Subscription area).

We reserve the right to interrupt or block access to our network of partner providers Fizz EXT if you use your mobile service primarily on their networks for 3 consecutive payment cycles.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

Was it working fine before ? If it never worked, then it looks like you might be in a Fizz blackout zone :( ie: no Fizz tower covering your location. If you are elsewhere, does your phone work if you are in normal FIZZ network ? I know Laval is not tiny, and there are quite a few remote areas. Fizz's network is NOT as large as many of their partners. And unfortunately, they don't support WiFi calling, which would have helped for many customers.

---

If the problem persists, Fizz Customer service agents are available online.

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services or https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/etat-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.

**** However, due to the holidays, they have shorter hours of operation *******

24/12 : 7 am- 10 pm(EST)

25/12 : 9 am- 6 pm (EST)

31/12 : 7 am-4 pm (EST)

01/01 : 7 am- 10 pm (EST)

SOURCE: https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2628596/holiday-hours-happy-holidays-2021

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,722 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Snow,

Is the coverage adequate?
    1. Make sure you are in a zone that has adequate coverage.
    2. See our network coverage map
    3. The Fizz mobile network, like the vast majority of mobile service providers in Canada, is broadcast from fixed antennas on the ground.
    4. It’s normal that the signal will be affected in some places by natural and artificial obstacles.
    5. Artificial obstacles may include:
    • Concrete
    • Steel
    • Aluminum
    1. Natural obstacles may include:
    • Mountains
    • Valleys
    • Forests
    Restart your phone
    1. If the network signal is weak, your phone may be connected to an antenna that is not in an optimal location for you to access the network.
    2. Reboot (power cycle) your phone by holding down the phone’s start button for 10 seconds.
    3. Following your reboot, your applications will load. Your phone will then re-authenticate to the Fizz mobile network and potentially recover its authorization to access the network.
    Is the Fizz network chosen?
    1. Make sure your phone is configured to automatically select the Fizz mobile network.
    2. IMPORTANT: Before starting this process, make sure the SIM card is inserted in your device. Otherwise, the Mobile networks menu will not be visible.
    3. The steps for enabling your device to automatically select a network varies depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:
    4. Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz
    5. iPhone: Settings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz
    6. Note: If the Fizz network is not optimal where you are, you may try to temporarily connect to our wider area network.
    7. How to access the Fizz wider area network
    8. The position and distance of our partners’ antennas may differ from ours — your mobile experience may improve at locations that are problematic for the Fizz network.
    Reset your phone’s network settings
    1. IMPORTANT: This operation will also reset your WiFi settings, mobile data, Bluetooth, etc.
    2. The steps to follow to reset your network settings will vary depending on the type of device. Here are two examples:
    3. Android: Settings → General management → Reset → Reset network settings
    4. iPhone: Settings → General → Reset → Reset network settings

• Yann D. #22965
    Yann D. #22965 Posts: 217 ✭✭
    Options

And if all this doesn't work, chat with them...

• MarcVivian
    MarcVivian Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you!