Absolutely desperate, last chance I give to Fizz otherwise I change supplier tonight

Let me explain my situation. It's not complicated at all.

While I was a Fizz customer, I lost my cell phone. So I bought a new cell phone with a new Fizz SIM card.

I can't activate my SIM card, because when I enter the code and need to choose a phone number, there is no option to transfer an EXISTING FIZZ number.

I started a gazillion chat, I have a ticket opened, but nobody can help and nobody contacts me.

I'm absolutely desperate and am changing my supplier tonight.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Simon B. 30201,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    I have verified your account and I can see that your ticket was updated on December 3rd.
    We are now waiting for more details from our technical team regarding this situation. 
    Once we have them we will contact you right away via e-mail. 
    I apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

Answers

• Chèvre_69
    Chèvre_69 Posts: 58 ✭✭

I’m having problems transferring my current phone number to Fizz. Why? What can I do?

If you are having difficulty transferring your phone number to Fizz, we will work with you to fix the problem. Depending on the situation, you may need to choose a new number. Either way, the issue needs to be resolved within one payment cycle. If it isn’t resolved, your plan will be cancelled three days before the end of your payment cycle.

It is possible to transfer your phone number to your new Fizz plan, but first and foremost DO NOT CANCEL YOUR CURRENT CONTRACT. Only active numbers are eligible for transfer to a new provider.

The choice to transfer your current number is made when you activate your SIM. To learn more, see: How do I transfer my current phone number to Fizz?

Your number will be transferred and activated within two hours of activating your SIM card. To learn more about this, see: I just activated my SIM card. How long before I can use my plan? 

I am having difficulty transferring my number. Why?

There are several reasons why we may have been unable to transfer your current phone to your Fizz plan. You will receive an in-account notification explaining why the transfer failed and providing next steps for solving the problem. How to check your Fizz notifications

Reasons why we may be unable to transfer your number:

1. The number you entered was not recognized by your current mobile provider.

You may have mistyped your current phone number. Verify your phone number and try again.

Note that we can only transfer mobile numbers coming from the province of Quebec or the Ottawa region. Your number must also be in the Fizz subscription area. If your number starts with an area code outside the subscription area, your number cannot be transferred to Fizz.

2. The transfer authorization request sent by text was not approved or answered on time.

When you activate your SIM card and request to transfer your number over to Fizz, your current provider will send you by text a transfer authorization request to confirm your wish to transfer this number. Failure to answer this authorization request, or if the request is denied, means that your transfer request was cancelled. You must then submit a new request using the link found in the notification posted in your Fizz account or pursue your Fizz activation by choosing a new number.

The transfer authorization request sent by text by your current provider must be answered by the set deadline. If not, it will be automatically cancelled, and you’ll have to submit a new request.

If you haven’t received the transfer authorization request, you'll need to contact your current provider directly to adress the issue.

3. Your current provider’s account number or phone IMEI is incorrect.

You may have mistyped one of these numbers. Verify your account number or IMEI and try again.

• To find your account number: Your current provider’s account number will be on your most recent bill.
    • To find your IMEI: Dial *#06# on your phone’s keyboard. An IMEI number is your phone’s ‘identity card’. Your current provider uses it to associate your phone with your account. It also allows you to identify yourself and validate your phone number when you request a number transfer. Your current provider will only recognize the IMEI for the most recent phone you used with them.

Only the IMEI from the phone you used with your previous provider can allow the transfer of your number.

If the IMEI number is more than 15 digits long, only use the first 15.

4. Your PIN is incorrect.

Some mobile providers (for example, Virgin) ask you to enter a PIN when you transfer your phone number. You may have mistyped this PIN. Verify you PIN and try again.

5. Technical difficulties

You will receive an email and/or in-account notification within two hours that provides details about the specific issue and the steps needed to resolve any technical difficulties.

While we resolve this technical difficulty, your new Fizz plan will be activated so you can start using it. You will be able to make calls, text and use your data. You will not be able to receive calls or text messages (they will still be directed to your old provider). Read your in-account notifications. 

6. Your line is inactive

To transfer your number from another mobile provider, you must keep your previous plan active until the transfer is completed. If you have already cancelled your plan, we will not be able to transfer your number. In this case, choose a new number.

7. You entered an administrative phone number

It is not possible to transfer an administrative phone number — for example, a number associated with an organization or public institution. Please choose a new number. 

8. Your current provider is preventing your number from being transferred

It is not possible to transfer a number that has anti-port protection — a security feature that prevents numbers from being transferred. It’s also possible that your current provider has blocked your number from being transferred if you haven’t paid your bill with them. In these cases, speak with your current provider to lift the protection, or choose a new number.

Number transfers that are not currently offered.

It is currently impossible for us to transfer phone numbers that are associated with landlines and VOIP.

What happens if I can’t transfer my phone number?

If it’s impossible for us to transfer your phone number (and you’re still subscribed with your old mobile service provider), your subscription with that provider remains active.

Your Fizz account will be created and you’ll be able to make calls, send texts and use your data. You won’t, however, receive any calls or texts (these will still be redirected to your old provider). If the transfer is impossible, we’ll contact you with your options.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. You're absolutely right, it shouldn't be complicated do what you've requested.

So below is what you can do:

1. Follow the steps in this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/found-mobile to block your old device
    2. Contact us, and have us swap your SIM card (The old one to the new one)
    3. Doing the above should get you up and running in no time, if you want, you can also change your number after setting up your new SIM.

To be 100% clear - you don't need to do another activation, you just need to swap your SIM card :)

Jay

• Cleg
    Cleg Posts: 9 ✭✭

You need to use someone’s code: You can use my code D3YYV.

It will get you 100$ of you use it before Dec 3rd.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

@Cleg

Referral codes are allowed ONLY in the thread below. Here, and only here.

https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2198337/this-is-the-place-for-your-referral-codes-here-and-only-here

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

If you just want to replace your SIM and keep your number, under "manage your plan" for your mobile plan you should have an option to replace your SIM.

This discussion has been closed.