No internet connection?

Options

I lost internet connection this afternoon and after a couple manual resets it returned for maybe an hour before going out again. The modem box displays no blue connection lights only the green power, download arrow and 2.4gHz symbols. It is obvious that there is no connection coming through the coaxial cable. I have tried unplugging and replugging several times. I have held the recessed button on the back for 10+ seconds for a factory reset. No difference, just returns to its blinking download arrow, sans connection. I have work online tomorrow, there are students waiting for their lessons, I need this fixed ASAP!!

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. When you unplug the modem, leave it unplugged for 3 or 4 minutes before plugging it back in.

Unfortunately, we are all users like you on these forums. The best would be for you to contact a customer service agent. They can check the signal remotely, and can schedule a technician to come out. However I would not expect any technician to get out there before tomorrow anyhow, so you should probably consider making other arrangements for the class.

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services or https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/etat-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.

• yoddie
    yoddie Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, it sounds like an issue with your modem. I would try with a different modem.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,101 admin
    Options

Hi Headfullofradios,
    Iunderstand and I'm sorry to learn about the inconvenience.

Ichecked on your account and on your connection signals from thenetwork to the modem where I can see that they are within the optimalparameters, with no package loss or broadcast congestion in the last few hours.

There is no incident or maintenance work being performed in the areathat could've caused the disruption.

I'd recommend that you make sure that the coaxialcable firmly plugged at both ends, the outlet and the modem.
    Also, if possible, haveyourmodem plugged in directly in the electrical outlet and not via anextender/extension cable.

You can find more advice and tips on how to remedy this here in our dedicated link:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-modem-connected-cable-my-connection-keeps-cutting-out-how-do-i-fix

Thankyou very much for your understanding, patience and collaboration.

Havea good one!

Andrei

This discussion has been closed.