Pixel 6 mobile service not working

Options
LightningHelix_1
LightningHelix_1 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in My Mobile

Hello,

I bought an unlock Pixel 6 Pro directly from Google Canada and I am a first time user of Fizz mobile service.

When I've received the Fizz SIM card, I followed the instruction. Everything went well and I had mobile network. However, after a few hours, no more mobile services. I did a factory reset, but same result, works for a couple of hours. When I restart my phone, I get network for 1 to 3 hours. This is very inconvenient. Is this a SIM card issue or a phone issue? I followed all of the propose solution provided by Fizz chatbot, but to no avail. Has anyone experience this? Are there any solution to this? I will also contact Google to see if it's a phone defect of some sort or I am just missing something here.

I tired manually inputting the APN information, but I cannot save it for some reason.

Thank you,

Best Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

I would have said to check the APN settings. BUT, what I do find strange is that there are NO networks to chose from. I would have expected to see Fizz or at least FIZZ EXT if you were too far from a FIZZ tower (and not in some remote area).

Looks like either a phone issue, or SIM card issue. I assume you have already powered down, removed the SIM card, and tried to reinsert and power on again ?

If you have a friend or family member over, maybe you can try just to insert their SIM card into your new phone, just to see if it is the phone or Sim Card the issue ? I know it is not the ideal situation, but it is not the most convenient thing to debug.

If you ordered the SIM directly through FIZZ, you can maybe try to contact Customer service and they can send you a replacement SIM.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,101 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello LightningHelix_1,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. 
    I have verified and the line looks active from my side. 
    If you already contacted Google and they confirmed is ok please continue the conversation with our support team to verify if the SIM card is defective.  
    Here you can also find more troubleshooting you can try: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-does-my-phone-say-emergency-calls-only

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

Answers

This discussion has been closed.