You have reached the maximum number of attempts!

AloisLuong
AloisLuong Posts: 1 ✭✭

Bought a Fizz SIM card for my phones two months ago but unfortunately did not have a credit card yet to activate it.

I got my credit card recently and when trying to activate my SIM card, the following message appears: "You have reached the maximum number of attempts"

Any suggestions on what to do next?

Best Answer

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 922 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Having difficulties, and you reached the maximum number of attempts? 

If a message informing you that you have reached the maximum number of attempts pops up, contact our Customer Service team: log into your Fizz account and simply click on the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner during our business hours.

In order to ensure that your monthly recurring payments are properly set, please follow the following steps:

• In your Fizz account, go to My Profile
    • Click on My Settings / Payment Methods
    • Click on add a new payment method

• After having added your new payment method, click on My Plans / Manage Plan.

If you have more than one service with Fizz you have to update your payment method in both plans.

• Then, clic on Payment Method

• Finally, select the credit card that you would like to use for your monthly recurring payments.

These steps are crucial, in order to associate your updated payment method to your monthly plans.

The update must take place 24 hours before the start of your plan’s next payment cycle to ensure your account is updated in time for your next payment. You must add a new credit card before removing the one currently associated to your account.

IMPORTANT

When you enter the information for your payment method, the billing address associated to your card must correspond to the address you declared to your bank for that card. The right info must be entered in the corresponding fields, and the address needs to be 100% identical. Pay attention to the following items:

• The name of the street (Ave, avenue)
    • Special works (Saint, St, Ste)
    • Hyphens
    • Spaces
    • Spelling
    •  

Tip: Make a copy and paste of what is written in your bank account.

If the address and postal code that you associate to your payment method are not identical to that declared to your bank, you won’t be able to add this payment method.

Having difficulties, and you reached the maximum number of attempts? 

If a message informing you that you have reached the maximum number of attempts pops up, contact our Customer Service team: log into your Fizz account and simply click on the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner during our business hours.

Read more:

What payment methods can I use?

How do payment cycles work?

How do I fix a payment issue?

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,305 ✭✭

You will need to contact a Fizz Customer service agent:

·       Sign into your account

·       Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services

·       Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

·       Choose the option 💬 chat

·       If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..

Other means of contact

·       Whatsapp: (438) 393-5814

·       By private message on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

·       By private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

You can also wait three hours for the system to reset and you should be able to do it again. If it doesn't work, then contact support. They can definitely help you. Also make sure you use one of the referral codes so that you get the bill credit. Welcome to Fizz :)

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,475 admin

Hello AloisLuong,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    I can see that you contacted our support team and the issue was already fixed.
    Don't hesitate to reach us again if you need our assistance. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

This discussion has been closed.