Samsung A01 -- does it support data in FIZZ networks?
Hello, I'm considering to buy a second-handed phone Samsung A01. I'd like to know if it will fully work with Fizz mobile networks, voice/sms (I'm pretty sure there will be no problem with it) and data. Data is concern for me, because my current phone BLU Advance 5.0 can't support data in Fizz, I asked here previously and it appears that it does not support some frequency bands etc. What information is necessary to determine if Samsung A01 will support data?
Will appreciate valuable help! Thanks!
Whizz Posts: 16,580
Thank you for the provided details.
I verified the phone myself and from the specifications, it seems that it would be compatible with our network. You can check the phone in detail yourself on the GSMArena site: gsmarena.com.
However, the best would be to ask the carrier that sells the device/ the person you will purchase the phone from if the model of Samsung Galaxy A01 they offer disposes of the frequency bands necessary for the Fizz network.
You can find all of the necessary details here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices
Thanks and have a great day!
MyriamC Posts: 913
How do I switch my phone to Fizz?
- Using your own phone with Fizz is simple.
- When you subscribe, simply switch your phone from your current mobile provider to your new Fizz account.
To switch to Fizz, your phone must be:
- Unlocked (free of a contract with another mobile provider)
- Compatible with the Fizz network frequencies
Is my phone compatible with the Fizz mobile network?
- Your phone needs to meet a few critera if you want to use it on the Fizz mobile network.
- The majority of Android phones sold in North America in the last five (5) years are compatible with Fizz. Simply make sure your phone has the necessary hardware components to support the Fizz network frequencies.
- There are three elements to check to find out if your iPhone is compatible with the Fizz network:
- 1. The model:
- Only the iPhone 5s, or more recent, are compatible with the Fizz mobile network.
- 2. The operating system:
- Make sure your phone has the latest iOS software. To do so:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Download the latest iOS software update
- 3. The carrier settings:
- Once the software update is done, your iPhone will offer a carrier settings update to Fizz 34.1 or higher. Make sure to accept it. More information is available on the Apple website.
Which frequencies must my phone support?
- For an LTE-compatible phone configured with LTE network preferences:
- Calls: Your device must support HSPA 850 MHz
- Mobile data: Your device must have dual-frequency support for 1700/2100 MHz (also called AWS or band IV)
- Your phone can also support other frequencies that allow it to take advantage of the LTE network.
- For a phone that only allows 3G or HSPA preferred:
- Calls and / or mobile data: The phone must support the 1700/2100 MHz frequency (also called AWS)
We may terminate access to certain services if we detect an incompatibility between your phone and the Fizz mobile network. If so, we would inform you.
Read more :2
Hello, thanks for detailed answer!
I found Samsung Galaxy A01 specs at https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/1ea452d3 It says it supports LTE bands B5, B8, B3, B1. However nowhere it says about dual-band, or AWS or band IV support. Does it mean this phone most likely won't support data in Fizz networks?0