Constant drops

Options
jimjones23
jimjones23 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 2021 in Internet

Hello ,

I am experiencing constant connection drops daily during the times of 8-10pm for approx 2 minutes . The lights on the modem are not going out and appear to be the same , even the link light. The router that is connected was changed out and the ethernet cord with the same results. The light on my router goes orange instead of white . It looses the connection with the modem. So if someone comes out to replace the modem , i can't see them finding the problem because it won't be occuring right then unless its signal related outside. Is there a way to replace the modem where I can just put it in myself without any service charges . Please advise. Another thing that is strange since it happens certain times for 2 minutes , i guess it could be more possible maybe its a line?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello jimjones23,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. 
    I have verified your connection and from my side everything is looking ok. 
    I can see that you are also using a personal router. 
    I would recommend performing a factory reset on the Fizz modem and keep using it for 1 day, for both WIFI and ethernet cable.
    Here you can find more information about the reset if necessary: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it
    If by any chance the issue persists after this, please contact our support team to investigate this further. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

This discussion has been closed.