Fizz phone was activated before

Luckyy
Luckyy Posts: 36 ✭✭

Hi, I received the fizz phone today but I found out the warranty date is in June 2022 instead of September 2022, does this mean that this phone has been activated or used before me? I thought Fizz sold me a new phone

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓

Hi @Luckyy

Where did you get the warranty date from ?

Keep in mind that phones can be in stock for a few months sometimes. If the warranty is from the manufacturer, typically the dates they provide online are based on manufacturing/shipping dates. If you provide your invoice (proof of purchase) for a later date, they will typically use the invoice to honour the proper dates.

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

So if you don't have an invoice available "if" you ever need warranty service, they will go by the factory date (in this case June 22). If you have an invoice available, they will adjust the date accordingly.

Many companies do this, including nintendo on thier consoles, seagate on thier hard drives, and many phone manufacturers.

ALSO.. Keep in mind that if you put it on a credit card that offers "double warranty", you get an extra year. I put all my electronics on my World Elite mastercard, and I have already had 2 phones replaced by them, after normal manufacturers warranty had expired.

• Luckyy
    Luckyy Posts: 36 ✭✭

Hi, thank you for the reply. It's under phone setting-->about, the warranty limit date is in June instead of September. I heard that if the warranty date is not the current day, it means the device might be activated or used before. Actually I don't really care about the warranty, I'm just sad what if the phone was used, opened or activated before, I wanted to buy a new device not an used one.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin

Hello Luckyy,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. 
    I can see that you already contacted our support team and this situation is being investigated.
    Rest assured, you will be contacted as soon as we have any updates.

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

This discussion has been closed.