Options

CODA-4680

Hardware Version 2A

Software Version 7.1.1.2.7b8

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Michael,

I have the same modem and revisions, but in my case, I am not using the WiFi/Router options of the unit, since I have it in Bridge mode and using my own equipment for routting and WiFi.

However if this is a glitch/bug in the modem firmware, there is not much most of the users here can do specifically for this issue.

-------

This is probably best handled if you discuss directly with a customer service agent, so then can record the issue, and see if it can be fixed in a future firmware update.

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,103 admin
    Options

Hello Michael Y. #10156,

Thank you for reaching us.
     I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    What you trying to do won't work since we have a dynamic IP.
    Also around that time, the firmware is updated from time to time and we can't prevent this from happening. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

• Michael Y. #10156
    Options

thanks for your reply.

I don't think changing wireless physical channels (physical layer) has anything to do with dynamic IP (network layer).

firmware update is fine, it happens all the time, but not being able to preserving user config is not cool.

This discussion has been closed.