Using Fizz in Hamilton, Ontario

Options
leeg84
leeg84 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi, I am currently using Fizz mobile and its awesome! I recently moved to Hamilton Ontario for my studies and want to continue to use Fizz.

My flatmate from Quebec is also on Fizz and she got a notification that shes been out of the area for more than 3 months and they are suspending her service. She now has to look for another mobile company, like Freedom or Chater.

Why does Fizz suspend service after 3 months? 🤔 If it comes to that I will have to look for another phone company.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,216 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello leeg84 

I kindly inform you that the majority of your usage (calls, texts, and data) must be done on the Fizz network (Subscription area). We reserve the right to interrupt or block access to our network of partner providers Fizz EXT if you use your mobile service primarily on their networks for 3 consecutive payment cycles.
    Here you can find more details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

Have a great day!
    -Adelina

Answers

• RyHi
    RyHi Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Options

They do this as you are not using their network anymore but a partner's network. There is an increase cost to Fizz for you to do this.

• Emeric-Valentine
    Emeric-Valentine Posts: 171 ✭✭
    Options

They are no an increase cost to fizz... it's just commercial

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Regardless what it is, it's Fizz policy so we need to accept it. Unfortunately, you will have to change to another provider. Freedom is pretty similar to Fizz (or at least as close as one could get). Their pre-paid plans are quite decent for Ontario.

This discussion has been closed.