phone to tablet = new SIM?

Options
Todd C. #371
Todd C. #371 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2021 in My Mobile

My SIM works perfectly in my phone.

I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 with LTE and put the same SIM card in it because I want this to be a replacement for my phone.

SMS/MMS works. Mobile data works. GPS works. Duh. GPS uses mobile data.

I can't make or receive phone calls.

I've tried playing with the different carriers listed and created a new APN to test. No change.

Incoming calls go straight to voice mail. I tried it from another phone.

When I try to call another phone, it tells me to make sure the "Call and text on other devices" is turned on. It is. It still doesn't work. I'm not sure this is what I want, anyway. It's to link the non-LTE version to a compatible phone so you can use either.

"With the Call & text on other devices feature, you can make and receive calls on your tablet as long as it's signed into the same Samsung account as your phone. You can also send messages. However, the connected phone will need to have active service."

I just found on their website that this doesn't work with Verizon and AT&T phones.

I want to know if I need to get a newer SIM card as a (possible) solution. Maybe there's something new in the card info that allows tablets to work. I don't imagine that they'd be different from a phone connection, but what do I know?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,216 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Todd,

Thankyou for reaching out to us.

Kindly go to Settings->Connections->Turn the Airplane mode ON and OFF and restart the tablet.
    Then, go to Mobile networks under Connections->Network operators and manually select Fizz EXT before reverting to Fizz after about 20 seconds.

You'd also want to try to connect to 3G under Network mode because that's the best for calls, actually.

Thankyou very much for your understanding, patience and collaboration.

Havea good one!

Andrei

This discussion has been closed.