Why not receiving sms messages sent from Europe

Options
stevM
stevM Posts: 3 ✭✭

I purchased the travel plan for Europe. I can text back and forth with family in Ottawa no problem. I also receive sms alerts from my Canadian institutions when making purchases and for multi-factor authentication. The data plan part of the package works fine as well.

However, while here in Greece I am not receiving sms messages from Greek institutions. I did receive Greek sms messages while in Canada before to left for my Europe trip (specifically a bank). It seems that sms messages are not routed to my phone while I am locally in Greece.

For technical specifics, my phone is a Samsung A5 (2017) with most recent Android and app updates, am connecting to Greek COSMOTE provider, have travel plan and money in wallet. Using Textra as sms app.

Is there anything that can be done to correct this? Is this a FIZZ limitation or are other services experiencing the same limitation?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,166 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi stevM,
    Thank you for reaching out to us.

For the time being, the only Roaming option for SMS that we have is the Pay As You Go one which can be found under My plans->Manage plan->Travel->Greece-> Scroll down-> Pay As You Go.
    You will be able to add funds to your Fizz Wallet and spend 0.10$/text via this option.

Details can be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-travelling-outside-my-coverage-zone-what-are-my-roaming-options

Thankyou very much for your understanding, patience and collaboration.

Havea good one!

Andrei

Answers

• stevM
    stevM Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

This is the plan I have. It does not answer the question of why I do not receive SMS messages sent from Greek institutions while I am in Greece, but I did receive sms messages when I was in Canada.

This discussion has been closed.