Can't activate a SIM due to payment error and no longer seeing phone selection list.

Options
VoxLingue
VoxLingue Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hi,

I've got two plans with fizz and was looking to add a 3rd. I received the SIM card and phone a few days ago.

When I tried to activate, I received a "payment processing error" with no further explanation. Called my bank, there's no transaction attempt or issue on their end.

I've tried to change the address (although it's the same for the other two lines) and now I'm not able to select a phone number. Under the "Get a new number" I have no options at all and I get the "Please choose, you can't refresh this list again" warning. I had selected a number before getting the error.

Please help, I'm completely stuck. Can't process payment, can't activate SIM, can't choose a number.

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,723 ✭✭
    Options

@VoxLingue

The refresh for a new number can be done 5 times, however, I do not know if it is 5 times every hours or every day or every week :(

Did you try to use the browser in private mode or clear the cache and cookie or use a different browser.

You can always contact the customer service to check with them

it is easy go on a guide, https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-get-a-new-phone-number, click on the green bobble on the bottom right corner and pick chat

• VoxLingue
    Options

This is still not resolved. Who can I contact?

• VoxLingue
    Options

How do I get in touch with Fizz? I can't activate my account, the issue is not on my side from what the bank is telling me. What is the number to reach anyone?

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,099 admin
    Options

Hello VoxLingue,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    I can see that you manage to reach us via live chat but you got disconnected.
    Please access the chat option again so we can assist you further. 
    Waiting for you there. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

• VoxLingue
    Options

I spent close to half an hour talking to the live support and it didn't get anywhere. I'm still unable to activate and apparently, I need to escalate to the "technical support". I'm not sure why they wasted my time with links to the resources I've already spent hours going through.

In either case, I've decided that this isn't worth my time. I've initiated a phone return and will be looking at other carriers.

All the best and I hope you find good software engineers to fix the backend that throws non-descriptive faults.

This discussion has been closed.