Intermittent loss of connection with brand new install

Options
AndySnow
AndySnow Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 2021 in Internet

The installer came, passed a brand new cable all the way to my modem, tested the signal saying it was fine and left.

Within the first few minutes after I set up the modem, the connection became unusable, modem lights remain the same (blue up and down) but I can't even load any website.

I know my way around computers and networks, I know my network, it runs fine on my other modem from Altima. I tried different devices on Wireless and Wired connection. I tried restarting, factory resetting the modem.

It still does the same thing over and over again, it will run fine at max speed in my plan, then randomly cut off to the point of not even loading a page.

Every time I talk to support it's like they don't believe me, and totally ignore the fact that I've covered all of my bases and there's DEFINITELY something wrong.

Faulty modem? faulty cabling the guy installed?

I REALLY want to give Fizz a chance here, because it's more bang for my buck than what I currently have with Altima, but this isn't going well at all...

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,232 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi AndySnow,
    Thank you for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to learn about the inconvenience you're experiencing.

In this situation, I highly recommend and kindly invite you to contact us directly so we could assist you with this matter as soon as possible.

Here you can find more information about how you can do that: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Have a good one!
    Andrei

Answers

• Marco L. #40432
    Marco L. #40432 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

same way for me..I'm really disappoint

• DooomsDay
    DooomsDay Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hello,

I had similar issues, I strapped a fan pc fan on my router and it seemed to have fix the issue.

I had other modem and routers I have had to do the same.

Fizz on the up side, the entire router is vent cracks so airflow is 100%

• DooomsDay
    DooomsDay Posts: 182 ✭✭
    Options

If this does not work, feel free to contact fizz:

CHAT

• Go to this page https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issuesif you are not connect login
    • The business hours: every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST).
    • Wait 5 seconds for the bubble icon to appear at the bottom right of the browser and click on the icon to chat with support. Try a different browser if you have issues getting the bubble to appear.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

FACEBOOK

Your can also send a message via facebook messanger https://facebook.com/fizzca and click send a message (this is a bit slower)

CONTACT FORM

You can also fill a contact form from your account Once logged in, from the account panel go to My Profile → Contact Form (the subject are limited) and fill out the form and someone will email you back.

Flag

• F_laframboise97
    F_laframboise97 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Same here! It was doing it 2 months ago, then a tech came. It was working fine after until 3 days ago. I read that you can bridge the fizz router with an other router and that it might solve the problem.. it's my last try after that I don't know what to do

• AndySnow
    Options

Just wanted to share the update: technician came back, changed the modem and it was not the modem, it is a network issue that he could not fix. Apparently the Docsis 3.1 uses higher frequencies and there was a signal problem on those frequencies.

They will send a network technician to try and fix it.

I will contact fizz to hopefully be reimbursed for the time that I do not have a connection.

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭
    Options

Thx for the update @AndySnow

• traho
    traho Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Yes thanks for the update. Please keep us informed once the technician tried to fix the issue. I am pretty much in the same situation and it is really aggravating.

• AndySnow
    Options

I contacted support this morning asking when it would be done they said there was a scheduled appointment this morning - but they didn't need to come inside since it was a network problem. Someone was supposed to get in touch with me to give me an update, but after 12pm I tested the connection and it's working properly now. Haven't heard back. Support also said that they will credit for the days that it wasn't working since it got installed.

So far, so good. Hope it lasts!

This discussion has been closed.