It says "wrong password" when I try to log onto the app

Options
Bhinesha
Bhinesha Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hello,

My Wi-Fi is working in general fine, except for a split moment when it did not work well. I wanted to go on the app to check the connection, and it says " Unless updated, the password is the same as the current Wi-Fi password". However, when I put in my Wi-Fi password, it says wrong password. How do I get my app to work again?

Also, the password for my Fizz account online is not the same as that of my Wi-Fi connection. That is ok, right? The password for that account is fine, since I was able to log in and type this question, my question is for the app. Now, I am not the most tech savyy, so please be patient when answering my question, and just pretend you are talking to a dummy when it comes to all of that. :-) Thank you.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Bhinesha,

We're sorry to hear about this situation encountered. Indeed, the passwords from the Fizz account and of the Wifi network are different (unless you make them the same, of course). 

If this is only encountered on a single device and your others work fine, I recommend disconnecting this device from the network, then reconnecting, to also uninstall the app, then install it back so you can try to using the password again. Should you need to recover the password, you can take a look at our page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-recover-my-wi-fi-password

Should there be an error on all devices regarding an incorrect password, then as a last resort I advise to factory reset the modem. You can do it by pressing with a sharp object on the back of the modem on the button for about 10 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself. This will reset all the configurations you have made to your Wi-fi modem settings and the network password will be the one from your white sticker under Default pass key name. Regarding the default key, it will be needed to try all the possible combinations and pay attention to similar characters such as l (lowercase L) and l (uppercase i).

Please contact us in private on any channel you'd prefer, if there's still a situation afterward: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Thank you so much for your understanding.
    Have a lovely day!
    -Ioana

This discussion has been closed.