:( Switching to higher speed but not given price difference

Options
Ajaykumar
Ajaykumar Posts: 91 ✭✭

My current plan was at $40 when I signed up but same plan is now $45. When asked if I switch to a higher spped will I have to pay the price difference but the customer service did not agree and said I would have to pay new price which means paying more like other new customer. No real advantage for old customer when swiching to higher speed

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The real (and only) advantage is the actual speed gain. But it will indeed always be according to current rates (when on the other hand not changing protects your price; that is the old customer advantage).

This is common with a lot of companies. The choice remains yours.

Also, a price difference can come with the My rewards program. Using the "upgrades" over time can grant you up to 7$ per month.

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz support is right. As soon as you switch your plan, the new rates apply to you. Whenever you switch, you get a new contract and hence you have to pay the currently advertised rates. I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you :(

However, the longer you stay with Fizz, the more you progress in the MyRewards Program, which comes with some great rebates!

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz has low rates, provides the modem free and doesn't lock you in want contact; at some point they have to draw a line even for old customers.

• Anita L.
    Anita L. Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

120 Mbps is at the same price as 60 Mbps at $50.00, sweet deal!

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Options

OP probably has the 30Mbps plan and was hoping he could get the 120Mbps with the same 5$ rebate he has on his grandfathered plans (so pay 45$ for it). I'd be curious to know what is the grandfathered price for the 120Mbps.

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,917 ✭✭
    Options

For those who were really lucky to sign-up during beta, the grandfathered price for the 120 Mbps plan is $40.

Of course, anyone having that plan who wants to upgrade or change plans will have to pay at the current rate (like everybody else).

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the information 40$ is a great price is fun to know this fact :)

This discussion has been closed.