Phone activation challenge

Options

I am looking to transfer to Fizz. I've lost my old phone so I could not respond to the text from my old company. I got an email from Fizz saying the transfer was unsuccessful, and I could resubmit. I called my old company, got them to flag my number as being available for transfer, but when I try and resubmit the request it says a request with those details has already been submitted. This is when I use the link in the email they sent me stating the first request was unsuccessful but I could try again.

Anyone had this issue when they set up? I really like my old number!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,102 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Flossregularly,

Firstly, thank you so much for considering our services, though we're sorry about the situation encountered.

I checked your account and saw the transfer wasn't completed just yet, because the authorization request wasn't answered in time, within 90 minutes. In this case, rest assured you can retry the transfer which can be done by going to your account - Click on the little bell icon from the upper right corner to check the notifications - Click on Choose a new number from the notification "Choose a new number or submit a new request".

If you initially tried to transfer with the account number for example, this time it will be needed to retry with the IMEI of the phone you used at the other provider and viceversa, otherwise the system will indeed give the message that a request was already submitted with that information. Here, you can find more details on how to find out this information: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

Once a new request is submitted, you will receive a notification from your current provider regarding this transfer, that you will need to confirm in time. Please make sure that you have the previous provider sim card in your phone, to be able to receive and confirm this.

For additional information, you can also check our page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do

Thank you so much and have a lovely day!
    -Ioana

This discussion has been closed.