Internet Issue

Options
Belal
Belal Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited May 2021 in Internet

Wi-Fi is on, but no internet connection.

Only ‘Download’ light blinking with green light, ‘Upload’ and ‘@‘ lights are off. 2.4G, 5G, and power lights on.

Tried rebooting and resetting to factory, not helping. The cable seems to be well connected.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,102 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello BeMo,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    I have verified your connection and the modem appears to be offline. 
    I can see that you already contacted our support.
    I recommend continuing the conversation there so that a solution can be provided. 

Have a good one,
    -Alex

Answers

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Options

I had a client in Verdun with a Videotron outage yesterday.

You might want to confirm that there is no service disruption.

You'd need to use the Fizz app to reach support.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @BeMo ,

If the downstream is blinking, your modem is not getting a signal. Could be a technical issue, maybe an account issue. Check if the later is in order (paid, ...).

If it's technical:

• quickly check if the coaxial cable's not loose or even damaged. Also if you have another coaxial cable than the one that you already use, it would be very useful to test with it.
    • otherwise it might be a modem issue or a neighborhood issue. In which cases I suggest you chat with Fizz. They could:
      • mainly verify if there is an incident or maintenance work carried out in your area affecting services.
      • also confirm your account status
      • check your modem status if it works within optimal parameters, if its signals are within functioning ranges and also its history (like recent signal fluctuations for the past few days). They can check for package loss or broadcast congestion.

To chat, I'm not sure you can do it with the App, but you can with a browser:

1. Simply go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo 
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

ALTERNATIVELY, try leaving a message on Facebook Messenger (https://www.facebook.com/fizzca), iMessage or Twitter private. The advantages of Fizz tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

This discussion has been closed.