App doesn't work!!!

Jan
Jan Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm trying to configure some stuff on the Fizz Wi-Fi application but it keeps telling me "The app is not connected to your modem". Or "your password is incorrect" I ran the troubleshooting several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the app (so I know it's up to date) and restarted my phone but I still can't connect to the application. My internet is fine but I just can't use the application. I want to be able to paused the internet on some devices and use the parebtal control for my boys, in the house but now I want to unpause them and chnege the schedule and I can't because the application does not work.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Jan,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. 
    I have verified your connection and some of the signals were not at normal values in the past few days but at the moment they are looking good.
    The WIFI connection appears to be off. Are you using a personal router?  
    Here you can find some troubleshooting you can: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it
    If the issue persists please contact our support team for further investigations, if possible around the time the disconnections happen: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Regarding the WIFI application, have you tried installing it on a different device? 
    If you did, please contact our support team and inform them of the model of the devices you used. 

Have a good one,
    -Alex

Answers

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 153 ✭✭

Are you certain that you are connected to the normal Wi-Fi?

Not accidentally using mobile data or the guest SSID?

Worst case, you could resent the modem and try again, but I suspect you'll find that you are connected to a different SSID than the Fizz modem.

• Jan
    Jan Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

Yes, I am sure that my phone all the rest of my electronic devices are connected (computers, phones, google chrome, etc) to the normal WI-Fi, if not, I could not use them.

I had problems the last three weeks with the Fizz app, I can't open my session or connected, and the last two days has been impossible.

Also, I lose my wifi connection for 20 or 30 minutes several times during the week, and this represents a problem when I am working remotely, and my children are attending online school.

Please, Is there any way to solve this problem? or should I start looking at other service options?

Thank you,

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 153 ✭✭

In order of decreasing stability:

1) wired connection

2) 5GHz connection

3) 2.4GHz connection

You can use an app life Wi-Fi Analyzer to see if crowded spectrum could be causing your connectivity issues, but a wired connection will eliminate that as a possibility.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

In order to guarantee 5GHz, you may have to disable band steering.

Alternately, on some Wi-Fi adapter in Windows, you can set a 'Band Preference' of 5GHz.

As to what is preventing your mobile app from connecting, the most likely cause is that you are not directing data through the Wi-Fi connection of the Fizz router. You could check your default gateway IP address and then try to connect directly to that IP using the browser. That would confirm the situation.

This discussion has been closed.