Gifting Roll-Over Data

Options
Eyal P.
Eyal P. Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello. I was hoping to gift my brother some data but I read that you can only gift data from your current pay period and that typical data usage uses rolled-over data first. However, when I look at my data usage, I have all of my roll-over data remaining but my primary data (from my plan) has been used up. Can you please clarify why this happened and if it is a mistake, how to fix it, so that my roll-over data is used up first? Thank you

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,157 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Eyal P. ,

Thank you for letting us know about this case.

I just checked on your account from my end and you have 4GB of Data from your monthly plan, a 500MB Upgrade and a Data Gift of 1.5GB available.

You should be able to gift some data to your brother from the 4GB pool:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Have a good one!

Andrei

Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @Eyal P.

Your analysis is correct. Oldest data is always used first, there is no configuration to set.

If your primary data is empty it's either a bug or you gave it already without remembering it (unfortunately I do not know a way to trace that).

If it is a bug, try to disconnect and reconnect providing it's a session or display issue. Otherwise chat with Fizz to have them fix it or at least get a clear explanation

• Evan F. #28347
    Evan F. #28347 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options

Sounds like a bug? Old rollover data should always be used first. If you have a lot of rollover and bonuses sometimes I gift at the start of a period anyways so I don't forget and waste it, but obviously you can't tell the future and if you might need the full amount.

• Eyal P.
    Eyal P. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

But can you gift roll-over data??

This discussion has been closed.