Faulty modem.

Options
Belaid Z.
Belaid Z. Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have this modem for over a year + and it's getting worse and worse. Every 2-4 hours, I lose Internet connection. I constantly need to unplug my modem and plug it back. I've checked that all the coaxial plugs are tight. I've tried to bridge my modem to a router through ethernet cable. I'm not using any WiFi, it goes straight to my computer.

I am starting to feel dissapointed and this issue has been ongoing since I've started with Fizz (over a year) but now, it's even worse. Could it be because of a faulty modem? Thank you!

Best Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

It could be a faulty modem. Good thinking for checking that FAQ. If you indeed did all of them, including pluging another computer when you experience the issue with the first one but saw no difference then you have a solid case to present to Fizz.

Chat with Fizz when you experience the issue (maybe through mobile service) or when you recover from it. At first they will check your modem status if it works within optimal parameters, if its signals are within functioning ranges and also its history (like recent signal fluctuations for the past few days). They can also check for package loss or broadcast congestion.

But ultimately ask for a replacement.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo 
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

ALTERNATIVELY, try leaving a message on Facebook Messenger (https://www.facebook.com/fizzca), iMessage or Twitter private. The advantages of Fizz tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

The "?" not visible or does nothing? Make sure…

• you really are on a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues
    • you scroll through the page and after 10-15 seconds the ? bubble will appear in the bottom right corner of the page.
    • you are really logged in with your account. Disconnect explicitly using "►Log out" in the left menu, close any Fizz tab, clear your cookies, reconnect.
    • no browser extension blocks its appearance (ad blocker or plugins like "NoScript").
    • try in incognito mode
    • JavaScript is enabled
    • no VPN disables the rendering, some have ad blockers
    • to empty your cache
    • to try with a different browser, Chrome and Edge are known to work relatively well with Fizz
    • to try on another device (mobile, laptop, tablet)

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,193 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Belaid Z.,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    It appears that some of the signals are not at normal values. 
    Please perform a factory reset so that the bridge-mode connection will be disabled. 
    Please keep the service under observation for a few hours and if the issue persists please contact our support team. 
    You can follow Idefizz's instructions regarding our support team. 

Have a good one,
    -Alex

Answers

This discussion has been closed.