My fizz modem is acting up and internet access stops. How can I get it changed?

Sprint
Sprint Posts: 3 ✭✭

I've been with Fizz internet for one year without any issues. In the past two months, the modem seems to freeze, no internet access, the lights are on but nothing is blinking.

I have not changed my configuration since the start, and no new computers or devices. I am connected with ethernet to the fizz router.

The modem is freezing more and more frequently at random times.

What is the process to replace the modem?

By the way, I have gone through all the procedures documented (disconnect, reboot, reset, etc.).

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,817 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Sprint, 

Thank you for your post and for the information provided. 

I suggest you contact our support department for further verification and assistance in real-time. To do that, please follow one of our FAQs https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it there, on the right-hand side corner, there's a question mark. Click on it and select the contact method you wish. 

Regarding the situation that you've explained. I've checked your connection and there are no interventions in your area, however, your signals that are coming from the modem to the server and vice-versa are all in good shapes. 

Therefore, I suggest you contact our support department for an exact diagnosis. 

Apologies for the situation experienced. 

Have a nice one.

-Bogdan

Answers

• Sprint
    Sprint Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks for your comments. I will follow up directly with support.

This discussion has been closed.