Unplanned Maintenance twice at ~2am

Options
François
François Posts: 17 ✭✭

why internet service was interrupted on April 30th and May 7th at around 2am?

my pfSense router had lost the WAN IP address

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,105 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Francois,

We're sorry to hear about this situation encountered. I kindly wish to inform you that I checked and there are no maintenance works in your area. The modem signals are all looking good too and on these dates, the connection from our end shows that it was online. 

Given that you mentioned you have your own router connected and upon checking my tools, I notice that it still is, it's possible the situation may have arised because of it. We recommend in this case to try and disconnect the router, then perform a factory reset on the Fizz modem by pressing with a sharp object on the back of the modem on the button for about 10 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself. This will reset all the configurations you have made to your Wi-fi modem settings and the network password will be the one from your white sticker under Default pass key name.

Kindly test the connection like this for a while and if there's still a situation, please reach out to us in private on any channel suits you, right when the issue is happening so we can be able to see it live in our tools: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a lovely day,
    -Ioana

This discussion has been closed.