Problems with Devices on Guest Network

Options
nitz
nitz Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have a chromecast and a printer that I have on the guest network.

I've been with Fizz for nearly a year now and had no problem using them in the guest account. All of a sudden last week, they stopped working. No new devices, no new updates other than my windows but the devices can't communicate with each other. Can't ping them but I can see them on my network.

I've tried everything but still no use. Fizz support recommends me to use them on the main account but I need it to be in the guest account. The printer works on the main network but the chromecast still doesn't. Either way, I'd like to have them both in the guest account. Anyone else had a similar problem? Did you get to fix it? If so, how?

Thank you in advance <3

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,209 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello nitz,

Thank you so much for your message and we're sorry to hear about this situation. I notice that you have reached us as well regarding this and since the connection is great from our end and all the other devices work successfully, including the printer on the main network, we suggested to keep the device there.

About Chromecast, we recommend disconnecting it from the network, then reconnecting it and trying also to keep it on the main network. Given that the situation is also with just this device and everything else is in order, we also kindly recommend to contact the manufacturer's customer support, since they will be able to provide further manipulations.

Should there still be a situation, please don't hesitate to contact us in private for further help: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Have a wonderful day,
    -Ioana

Answers

• JuanPa
    JuanPa Posts: 236 ✭✭
    Options

I don't know how to fix it, but I hope someone does know!

This discussion has been closed.