My WIFI is not working and I it is incredibly annoying

Options
Alvar
Alvar Posts: 3 ✭✭

I did not change my Internet password and I can't connect to my WIFI as it says that "it is not the right password". The local connection works (not that well to be honest... but somehow works) but not the WIFI. You offer a very poor service btw. So, instead of referring me to questions where I can't find any info, what do you suggest? How can I get my WIFI back working?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Alvar,

In this situation, a factory reset should fix it. 
    You can find the reset button on the backside of the modem above the LAN ports.
    You will have to keep it pressed for at least 20 seconds. 
    Please keep in mind that you will have to reset the WIFI connection after. 

Have a good one,
    -Alex

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Options

Hello Alvar,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    I verified your connection and it appears most of your devices are having connectivity issues. 
    I recommend deleting the network from each affected device, restarting it, and reconnecting it after. 
    I can see that some of the signals were not at normal values in the past few days but are looking ok at the moment. 
    Here you can find some troubleshooting you can try: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-device-cannot-connect-wi-fi-how-do-i-fix
    If the issue persists I recommend contacting our support team for further investigations: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Have a good one,
    -Alex

• Alvar
    Options

Hi Alex,

I did that and still is not working because "that is not the right password". However, I don't understand how this can be as I have not CHANGED anything. So, if that is not the password, which one is it?

Alvar

• Alvar
    Options

Thank you Alex. Your solution worked.

Alvar

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Alvar, glad to see that this was resolved; if this happens too often, I would suggest you get a dedicated router and put the Fizz modem in bridge mode. The built-in router function of the Fizz modem is notoriously bad, pretty much every speed or connectivity issues in this forum is caused by it, you'll rarely see anyone using their own router complaining; pretty much anything in the 50-80$ range will be better (feel free to ask recommendations in the forum if not sure what to choose).

This discussion has been closed.