Phone number transfer, activation pending, 6 hours later

Kaynos
Kaynos Posts: 2 ✭✭

It's supposed to take 2 hours apparently to transfer a phone number. I did everything right, activated my sim card, chose plan, received the text from my current provider (Videotron) asking me if i accept my phone number being transfered, answered YES. I put the new sim in my phone and it's been over 6 hours now.

On my Fizz account it's still says : Activation Pending and on my Phone i get No Service. Is it supposed to be this long to transfer a phone number ?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Kaynos,

I am sorry to hear about the situation you encountered.
    I have verified and the line was fully transferred to Fizz.
    If the line is still not working after you restarted the phone please contact our support team for further investigations. 
    Here you can find more information about how to reach them: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Have a good one,
    -Alex

Answers

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

Did you restart your phone in the last hour or so? When I switched, from Vidéotron also, the whole process took less than 1h.

• Kaynos
    Kaynos Posts: 2 ✭✭

Yep i tried, nothing.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

Few tricks, tips, hints and what not:

• remove the SIM card, place it back, go to airplane mode for 30 seconds. Reboot. It sometimes do miracles.
    • confirm your APN configurations (read this)
    • confirm that your device is compatible with Fizz (read this)
    • make sure you are in the coverage area (read this)
    • check if your device is locked (read this)
    • check that your device has not been declared stolen (read this)
    • Fizz cannot transfer a number that has anti-port protection (a process that prevents sim swapping). So make sure your current provider has not set this up for you.
    • Fizz cannot transfer phone numbers that are associated with landlines and VOIP. Ask your provider to transfer the number to a mobile first if possible.
    • Your account must remain active at the current provider.
    • More on the page I’m having problems transferring my current phone number to Fizz. Why? What can I do?

This discussion has been closed.