What does ''installing cables to have the internet access"" mean?

Options
kimfunky
kimfunky Posts: 1 ✭✭

I had an installation visit planned and when the technician came he told me we needed to wire in cables for me to be able to get Fizz in my apartment. He told me I had to get a written permission by my landlord too. Since he couldn't install my internet connection he cancelled the appointment on his end. It appeared in my account as if I had cancelled it. I just want to have more information about what wires he would have to install and where. I was hoping I could talk about it with someone.

Thank you

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The cables/wires that the tech need to setup are going run from the telephone pole up to the interior of your apartment. Coaxial cables will run down the nearest wall, a hole will be drilled so the cables goes in your apartment, and isolation will be done to complete the hole, etc. That means the landlord needs to know about that work, and s/he might have a say on how it is going to be done. That is why the permission is required.

It is pretty much a just a formality to avoid surprises or trespassing stuff.

If you need to reschedule an appointment, do it ASAP by chatting with Fizz or wait for the cancellation process to complete to a link will be provided to you. To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo 
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

ALTERNATIVELY, try leaving a message on Facebook Messenger (https://www.facebook.com/fizzca), iMessage or Twitter private. The advantages of their tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,193 admin
    Options

Hello kimfunky,

Thank you for the details. As Idefizz informed you, the technician must make sure that you have all of the necessary cable for the installation. He will also install a coaxial plug in your apartment, in case you do not have it already, so the modem can be installed and connected to it. 

I verified your Fizz account and observed that the appointment was cancelled and you were also fully refunded. In case you want to subcsribe again, here is a useful link: https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/comment-m-abonner-a-internet-residentiel-fizz

Thank you again and I hope you'll have a nice day!
    - Cecilia

This discussion has been closed.