Internet on/off since saturday 18 april

Options

Hi,

I'm in Rosemont (H2S...) and since last saturday I had issues with the internet (by cable and wifi). Someone told me there were problem with the grid in the area but I had no information when it would be fixed. At the moment, I'm using my mobile data, but my main computer doesn't have a wifi card. Do you know when it will be solved?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,168 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Francois H.,

We're sincerely sorry to hear about this situation. I kindly wish to inform you that I checked and there are currently no more maintenance works performed in your area. Currently, your modem signals are a bit degraded and based on what I'm seeing, a reboot may indeed just be a temporary solution.

I kindly recommend to unplug the coaxial cable from both the modem and the outlet, check if by any chance it's defective at any point, then screw it back in making sure it's well inserted.

If the situation persists, please contact us on any channel you'd like so we can be able to help: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Thank you so much for your understanding.
    Have a lovely day,
    -Ioana

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,924 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Francois H.

You can try restarting the modem to see if service is back.

If you need to contact Fizz, you can Live Chat with customer support at any time:

1. Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2. Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3. Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-modem-connected-cable-my-connection-keeps-cutting-out-how-do-i-fix
    4. The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

I dotn know but you can share your mobile internet with your computer without wifi if your phone support modem by usb. So connect your phone to your PC with usb and check if you can share the mobile internet to the PC in the meantime.

• Francois H. #5874
    Francois H. #5874 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I'm doing it each time the internet is down. It works for a few minutes then it goes down again. Yesterday was better, but the problem is back today.

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,924 ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options

Feel free to contact Fizz support. They can help check your connection remotely.

You can also check this FAQ page from Fizz which offers troubleshooting tips: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-modem-connected-cable-my-connection-keeps-cutting-out-how-do-i-fix

To chat with Fizz support:

1. Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2. Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3. Open the Fizz help page mentioned above.
    4. The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

This discussion has been closed.