Losing internet 20 time a day

Options
Rafael12345
Rafael12345 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 2021 in Internet

Looking for answer, im losing 20 time a day my internet wifi connection, sometimes i have to restart the internet machine and and after 30 mins internet come back! This problem keep coming back every day since 1 month! I did pay my month every time 70$ and have the worst internet in quebec city !

Comments

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Rafael12345

Does the issue happen with WiFi only or via ethernet cable connection as well?

If the disconnect happens with WiFi only, then there are several troubleshooting tips here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

Note that Wi-Fi difficulties can arise from several causes.

Here are some 2 quick troubleshooting steps to try:

(A) Deactivate Band Steering 

As described here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-wi-fi-technologies-used-fizz#2

1) Go to: 192.168.0.1 on your browser

2) Login using the following information:

• Username: cusadmin
    • Password: xxxxxxxx (your WiFi password)

3) Go to this section to apply changes:

Wireless → General Settings → 5GHz → Band Steering (Disable)

(B) Manually select your modem's Wi-Fi channels

As described here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it#5

1. Connect to your Wi-Fi network. 

2. Open the browser on any device, and enter the address: 192.168.0.1

3. Login using these credentials:

• Username: cusadmin
    • Password: xxxxxxxx (your WiFi password)

4. In the green bar, select Wireless.

5. Then, select:

• General Settings 
    • 5 GHz and/or 2.4 GHz ℹ️
    • Wireless channel

6. Select a different channel

ℹ️ To choose between 5GHz and 2.4GHz:

5GHz frequency band:

• Less exposed to interference (walls, etc.)
    • Faster maximum speeds
    • Less range

2.4GHz frequency band:

• More exposed to interference
    • Slower maximum speeds
    • Greater range

• Rafael12345
    Rafael12345 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I did what u said but i will wait until tomorrow to make sure if the probleM still the same! And yes the wifi but all my device work with it so its pretty much unusable 😒!

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,177 admin
    Options

Hello Rafael12345,

Apologies for the unpleasant situation.

I have verified your modem's signals and the network grid in your area and everything appears to be fine at the moment, but the signals of your modem in the past 14 days are not all perfectly good. Please unplug the modem from the power outlet and make sure that the coaxial cable is tightly screwed in on both ends, then plug the modem in a different outlet, without using extension cords or power sticks.

After that, please wait for 5 minutes and make a factory reset for your modem by pressing the button on the back , above the ethernet slots, for 30 seconds. Then proceed with the band steering function deactivation as Idefizz  suggested as this appears to be also a issue based on what I see on my end.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good day.
    Catalin

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

If the problem apend only on the wifi a solution is to use a good routeur instead of the one build in the modem (donc but all your rock in the same basket).

Have a nice day :)