UI is terrible in many ways. Cannot make payment with new card after failed payment.

Options

I am trying to update the credit card on my internet account as my roommates' card bounced. Unfortunately, fizz does not have a make payment now button, and after waiting 4 hours after updating my card and assigning that card to my plan, nothing has happened. Tech support answers all say to look for a make payment now button which does not exist. Never mind that you have to navigate through many different pages to even find the ask a question button. Offering basic techical support is an important part of the business, and fizz clearly doesn't want to have to pay employees to actually do that work. Honestly this is a very user unfriendly experience, if what should be a minor hiccup turns into a major event, I feel like it may be a mistake to be using these services.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,106 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello FizzhasUnfriendlyUI,

We're so sorry about this situation encountered. I've further checked your account and saw that, given the system was unable to automatically trigger the monthly payment the second time either, our system has just started today to process the suspension of the plan. This can take up to 24h to be fully processed and rest assured once this happens, you will also have the option to manually make the payment from My plans - Manage Plan - Payment method - Make my monthly payment. For more useful information, you can check the FAQ Fizzy previously provided as well.

If by any chance there's still a situation once these 24h pass, please reach out to us on any channel you'd prefer, so we can be able to assist: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Thank you so much for your understanding.
    I wish you a lovely day,
    -Ioana

Answers

• FizzhasUnfriendlyUI
    Options

I can't afford to take the whole day off work because my roommate didn't pay the internet bill, this issue should be solveable easily, and is easily solved with other companies.

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,901 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Are you perhaps using a pop-up ad block or maybe have cookies/java script disabled?

Also you can try clearing your browser cache and retry using private/incognito mode.

NOTE: If your service is still active, then Fizz will automatically try another payment attempt later tonight: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue

If your service is already suspended, you should see the "Make Payment Now" button here: Go to My Plans in your account. Click on Manage > Payment method.

Click on the "Make payment now" button. Once payment has been made, your service will be restored within 4 hours.

If the problem persists, please contact Fizz support again. They are usually helpful and you shouldn't have to worry about losing service.

• FizzhasUnfriendlyUI
    FizzhasUnfriendlyUI Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options

I tried in incognito mode and again with pop up blocker disabled, and confirmed my cookies were already enabled, and I cleared my cache right away before even posting. Still no button to Make payment now.

• Fizzy
    Options

Just to be sure, make sure to associate the new card with your plan (I know you wrote that this was already done).

Is your service already suspended? If you can, try making a payment with another device or browser.

Unfortunately if you cannot make a payment, your account might be glitched. Please contact Fizz support again for help.

• FizzhasUnfriendlyUI
    Options

How can I contact them directly? I could only find this forum, and apparently there is no phone number. The new card is associated with the plan, service is already suspended, I need it back by 3pm for a work meeting, and I've been trying to sort this out since 10am. It says it should take max 2 hours to restablish service. I have tried using 2 computers, two phones, all with ad blocker disabled, popups enabled, java enabled, cleared caches, cookies enabled, etc... nothing

• Fizzy
    Options

Sorry I thought you had contact Fizz support as you had wrote "Tech support answers all say to look for a make payment now button which does not exist."

You can Live Chat with customer support at any time:

1. Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2. Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3. Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue
    4. The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

Yes they have a make paiement now

You can use Facebook messenger too to contact if its not working on the fizz ebsite.

• FizzhasUnfriendlyUI
    FizzhasUnfriendlyUI Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options

I have tried contacting support on fb messenger, got a bot. Eventually got them to forward me to a real person, but still no actual reply. The “make payment now” button does not appear for me or any of my roommates when they log in on their devices. Have looked everywhere. If I can’t get internet back today, I am cancelling my services.

• Fizzy
    Options

Also if your browser is up-to-date, I suggest Live Chat with customer support for responses in real-time:

p.s. If Live Chat doesn't work at first, you can try with your browser in private mode, try using a different browser or with another device.

This discussion has been closed.