Internet unbearable slow in Longueuil

Options
sebauy
sebauy Posts: 1 ✭✭

Am I the only one? I just got connected (on Friday) for a 120Mb download plan and I'm getting less than a megabit. I reached out to fizz over twitter and complain form and nobody answered. Is this normal? Is there a known issue?

Please somebody give me an answer... I need to work!

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,903 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Sebauy

Sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Does the problem occur with WIFI only or even when you connect directly to modem via Ethernet cable?

Have you tried restarting your modem? Please unplug the Fizz modem from the wall outlet for 2 minutes. Then restart it and try a speedtest using a device connected to the modem by ethernet cable.

If the issue occurs with WIFI only, you may benefit from disabling auto channel selection in your modem admin settings, and selecting a specific channel. You can find which channel is least congested by using a smart phone and downloading a WiFi analyzer app, which will show you the channels of nearby devices.

If the problem continues, you can try factory reset of the modem by pressing and holding down the small button behind the modem for 10+ seconds with a sharp object like paper clip.

If there is no improvement, you can contact customer support by chat:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca

2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.

3- Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-connected-my-device-using-network-cable-my-internet-connection-slow-how-do-i-fix-it

4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Options

Hello sebauy,

Apologies for the unpleasant situation.

I have verified the signals of your modem and they all appear to be fine and also no issues with the network grid are registered.

While verifying the connection between our modem and your devices, I see that the Gateway function of our modem has been disabled. Are you using a personal router? If not, please proceed with the trouble shooting Fizzy  has provided. Also, I suggest to test through a cable connection as well to see if the issues with the speed persist. For more details, please take a look over:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-slow-how-do-i-make-it-faster#6

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good day.

Catalin 

This discussion has been closed.