Sim card not supported

Options
Eric V. #25379
Eric V. #25379 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello, i recently joined fizz and did all the steps necessary with my account. When i insert the sim card from fizz in my phone, which is a iphone 5s, it says that i need to ask the carrier to unlock it. I went to a koodo counter today to fix that issue and they have an option on their site where i can enter the 19 sim card number, which i did but it did not work, and the clerk at the store told me that it is on Fizz's end, although with the message of sim card not supported i have on my phone it also says to reach Apple for more information.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,172 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Eric,
    Thank you for reaching out to us with this case.

As you can also find out from the link below, your phone should work just fine with the Fizz SIM card inside it:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices

If Koodo wasn't able to provide you with a solution, I'd recommend you also contact Apple and ask them for a Network Unlock PIN that will allow your phone to be used at FIZZ. It is, most likely, locked by the manufacturer from being usable under any mobile service provider and unlocked just for some.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Have a good one!

Andrei

Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

If the number koodo give you start with 0 dont include the 0 when entering the code. Sinon ne prendre que les 15 premier chiffre.

Source : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-unlock-my-phone

I think the problem is with the phone so koodo if they where the one who sell it to you. Fizz cant do a think if your phone is locked by another provider.

• Eric V. #25379
    Eric V. #25379 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I finally fixed the situation by reaching out to apple and they told me to reach out with koodo and i did it via facebook and now it's working, thanks for all the help!

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

Good new welcome on the Fizz network :)

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

Good for you and thanks for sharing.

But it gets even more interesting.

Could we ask you what angle was required so that a Koodo FB chat worked but not an on-site visit to a Koodo kiosk? Doesn't look like the kiosk was helpful. Or was there an info missing?

This discussion has been closed.