Internet breaking up

Options
Marien
Marien Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi/ Bonjour

My internet breaks up all the time, while being in meeting, every 10s there is a break up of 1/2s. It is very annoying as I can't work properly. In addition, the speed is not as high as I pay for. I just did a speed test which is around 11/12 mbps. it's difficult to connect with FIZZ client support, I am not very satisfied right now.

Anyone knows if there is a number to call to address my concern?

Thank you !

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Marien,

Apologies for the unpleasant situation.

I have verified the signals of your modem and one of them is outside of our functioning ranges. Please unplug the modem from the power outlet and make sure that the coaxial cable is tightly screwed in, then plug the modem in a different power outlet. Also, I see that there are coverage issues on the 2.4Ghz band. Are there any electrical devices near the modem in a 2 meter range that could interfere with it's signals?

While verifying the connection between the modem and your devices, I see that you are currently using 5 of them and your plan cannot support such a high amount. If you wish to keep using this amount of devices, I suggest to increase the plan to at least 60 MB/s.

For more details, please take a look over:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

Please keep in mind that we are fully digital customer service, therefore there is no number we can be reached at.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good day.

Catalin 

Answers

• Gacor
    Gacor Posts: 182 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

There is now client support by phone.

The only way to contact them is here :

https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

Do you use wifi or are connected with a ehetnet cable ? This speed seem relly too slow you clearly have a problem.

• Marien
    Marien Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Yes we are using wifi and not ethernet.

5 devices can be connected to the wifi but not all of them are connected at the same time. Right now there is only one on it. The reason why I am surprised of the low connection.

We are always connected on the  5Ghz band, should we move to the 2.4 ?

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

5Ghz is faster but the signal go less far so its depend on your location vs the location of the modem.

If you are really closed to your modem do you get the correct speed ? WIFI always get worst speed than the real speed unless you have a really clear signal.

Wifi can be pertubate too if your neighbour use the same band.

For the cut out you should desactivate the band stering this break often append when the modem auto change it

Point 4 :

1. Choose: ''My Wi-Fi''
    2. Select your Wi-Fi network
    3. Select: ''Advanced Settings''
    4. Band Steering ''On/Off''

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

This discussion has been closed.